ISBANK Kosovo Branch is looking for an agile and detail-oriented
executive to join their team as Chief Risk Officer (CRO) as a member of the
management team. This position will be responsible for all aspects of risk
management at the Bank. The CRO will provide executive-level guidance to the
Bank by identifying and advising on mitigation efforts regarding the most
significant risks including operations, credits, financial exposures and
activities including credit, market, liquidity, operational, governance,
information technology, and reputational risks. The position will be
interacting with other departments to monitor all aspects of risk management at
Primary Duties & Responsibilities include, but not limited to;
- Ensuring the design and the implementation of the risk
management system and bank’s risk governance framework, including the bank's
risk culture, risk appetite/tolerance and risk limits, in line with the CBK
- Participating in the design, selection, implementation and
pre-approval of risk measurement models, regularly
reviewing the models and making necessary changes.
- Preparing periodic risk reports and analyzing measurement
results using risk measurement models and methodologies.
- Identifying material individual, aggregate and emerging risks.
- Providing that
the quantifiable risks remain within the determined limits and monitoring the
use of these limits.
- Providing regular and timely reporting of risk
measurement and risk monitoring results to the relevant authorities.
- Calculating the economic capital requirement for all
financial and non-financial risks that the bank may be exposed to in terms of
asset-liability items, in the light of international best approaches.
- Establishing a comprehensive approach to conduct and implementation of
stress tests, in line with the CBK Regulations.
- Continuously monitoring the risk-taking activities and risk exposures
in line with the bank's risk appetite approved by the Board, monitoring the
risk limits and corresponding capital or liquidity needs, in line with the CBK
- Establishing an early warning system or dashboard to monitor levels
and possible violations or risk tolerance or defined risk limits and
thresholds, in line with the CBK Regulations.
- Working in
coordination with the relevant units in risk-adjusted return on capital
calculations using economic capital.
- Verifying and registering all models that affect the
bank's decision-making processes, and reporting the results.
- Monitoring and evaluating the developments in risk
management techniques and practices and reporting within the Bank on their
applicability in the organization.
- Working on providing the necessary and reliable data
accumulation for the application of new techniques.
- Planning and coordination (including compiling discussion materials)
of key senior risk governance committee meetings.
- Manage the preparation, review, challenge and distribution of executive risk
reports on risk developments in the organization for key risk committees and
senior management including Board level.
- Bachelor/Master degree in Business Administration, Banking,
Accounting, Finance, or in a relevant discipline.
- At least 5-year experience in a role directly managing key aspects of
risk/control matters in the banking industry.
- Experience of working with, gathering, reviewing, and compiling risk
related information from multiple partners across different functions for
management information/regulatory reporting is preferred.
- Professional capability to implement and adhere to internal policies
and procedures of the Bank.
- Knowledge and experience in implementing legal and regulatory
requirements in banking sector.
- Experience, competencies and integrity to manage the daily tasks and
people under his/her supervision.
- Knowledge and experience with the International Financial Reporting
Standards, particularly IFRS 9.
- Competency in writing policies and procedures, analytical evaluations,
and related items.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office programs is mandatory; also,
knowledge of MS SQL is preferred.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills on Albanian, English
and preferably Turkish languages to communicate efficiently between authorities,
stakeholders, Head Office and local staff.
- Excellent organizational, time management and supervisory skills.
- Valid driving license.
Kindly note that it is not mandatory to have a LinkedIn account to proceed further for the application.